“Make Your Medical Device Pitch for Kids!” Competition - Up to $250,000 in Grants and Access to Pediatric Device Innovator Accelerator Program
While advancements have been made in some pediatric specialty areas with respect to device innovation, there is still a significant need for novel devices in the orthopedic and spine sector. With only 3,000 – 4,000 pediatric orthopedic surgery cases reported annually, many medical device manufacturers avoid investing in research and development in this sector because the market size is too small. True to its mission, NCC-PDI collaborators recognize that children undergoing orthopedic and spine procedures deserve implants and devices that fit their growing bodies and provide the best possible quality of life.
This challenge competition is seeking applications from device innovators that propose an Orthopedic or Spine device solution that will also be tested in pediatric patients <18 years old. In addition to monetary awards, awarded companies/labs will enter the Pediatric Device Innovator Accelerator Program led by MedTech Innovator.
- Clinical significance of the pediatric device
- Quality and feasibility of the technology
- Approach to product development, and likelihood of being marketed successfully
- Project team, environment, and resources
- Potential for additional funding
This funding is intended to promote the commercialization of a medical device for pediatrics. Therefore, your long-term funding strategy is of interest to the judges.
- Finalists must commit to present in person on April 30, 2019 in DC area, at the University of Maryland, College Park.
- Deadline: April 2, 2019 midnight Eastern Time
- Finalists announced: April 15, 2019
- Competition + Winners Announced: April 30, 2019
Your application should include the following elements, put into a PDF file
- Project description (maximum 3 pages)
- Description of the unmet need
- Description of the device
- Significant benefit to children
- Approach to regulatory and reimbursement
- Go-to-market plan
- Itemized budget (max $50K)
- Deadline is April 2, 2019 midnight EST.
- The pitch competition will be on April 30, 2019 in DC Area, at the University of Maryland, College Park.
- All finalists must preset in person.
- The finalists will be announced on April 15, 2019.