Now accepting proposals for the NCC-PDI pediatric accelerator and $250K pitch competition!
This year’s program focuses on pediatric devices with innovations in cardiovascular disease, orthopedics, and NICU. Startups selected for the qualifying round will pitch in Washington D.C. on March 23. Ten winners will then advance to participate in the Pediatric Accelerator program, which is primarily a virtual program. Startups do not need to relocate to participate. The program will culminate with a competition for $250K in prizes on Sunday, October 4 in Toronto at the 8th Annual Pediatric Device Innovation Symposium hosted by the Children’s National Hospital and co-located with The MedTech Conference powered by AdvaMed.
- Clinical significance of the pediatric device
- Quality and feasibility of the technology
- Approach to product development, and likelihood of being marketed successfully
- Project team, environment, and resources
- Potential for additional funding
- Finalists must commit to present in person on March 23, 2020 in DC area, at the University of Maryland, College Park.
- Deadline: February 22, 2020 midnight Eastern Time
- Finalists announced: March 4, 2020
- Competition + Winners Announced: late May 2020
This funding is intended to promote the commercialization of a medical device for pediatrics. Therefore, your long-term funding strategy is of interest to the judges.
Your application should include the following elements, put into a PDF file
- Project description (maximum 3 pages)
- Description of the unmet need
- Description of the device
- Significant benefit to children
- Approach to regulatory and reimbursement
- Go-to-market plan
- Itemized budget (max $50K)
- Deadline is February 22, 2020 midnight EST.
- The pitch competition will be on March 23, 2020 in DC Area, at the University of Maryland, College Park.
- All finalists must preset in person.
- The finalists will be announced on March 4, 2020