Pediatric Medical Device Competition: COVID-19 Edition
NCC-PDI is launching a special $250K pediatric medical device pitch competition focused on COVID-19 innovations! As medical data increasingly highlights the serious impact of COVID-19 on children’s health, this special NCC-PDI event is focused on COVID-19-related pediatric medical devices that support home health monitoring, telehealth, and improving sustainability, resiliency and readiness in diagnosing and treating children during a pandemic. Proposals for the competition are being accepted now through Mon., July 6. The program will culminate with a virtual pitch competition for $250K in prizes on Mon., July 20, 2020, with winners receiving grant awards of up to $50K. Along with grant funding, one company from the competition will be selected by Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JLABS to receive a one-year residency at JLABS @ Washington, DC, which will be located on the new Children’s National Research & Innovation Campus.
- Clinical significance of the pediatric device
- Quality and feasibility of the technology
- Approach to product development and likelihood of being marketed successfully
- Project team, environment and resources
- Potential for additional funding
- Finalists must commit to a virtual presentation on July 20, 2020.
- Submission Deadline: Midnight ET on July 6, 2020
- Pitch Competition: July 20, 2020
Funding for the competition is made possible by a grant from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and a philanthropic gift from Mei Xu, founder of e-commerce platform Yes She May, a site dedicated to women-owned brands.